For more than 30 years, residents of the San Jose and South Bay areas have been obtaining reliable legal advice and comprehensive legal representation in family legal matters from the law office of John S. Yohanan.
One-to-one personal attention from a highly experienced lawyer and respectful, responsive service are hallmarks of my family law firm. Whether you need answers or a powerful legal advocate in family court, I invite you to contact me, a Santa Clara County family law attorney, to schedule a consultation. Your first appointment is free of charge.Hire an Experienced San Mateo County Divorce Attorney
As your family lawyer, I can assist you with a wide range of family law matters. Much of my work is in the context of divorce for couples with complex marital estates and significant financial assets, including:
- Property division : I can help you understand community property and business valuations. If you are contemplating divorce, I can assist you with establishing separate property and management of marital assets. I also assist clients with marital debt issues, including reimbursement for debts paid with separate money. I can answer your questions about dividing retirement assets and preparing for the tax issues that can arise with divorce.
- Spousal support : Also known as alimony, I represent clients seeking spousal support in a divorce. I can also assist with enforcement or modification of spousal support orders.
- Child custody/visitation agreements : I can help you draft and negotiate child custody and visitation agreements. I also handle modification of child custody or parenting time orders, and I represent parents in move-away situations.
- Child support : My family law firm helps parents negotiate child support. I can also assist with modifying or enforcing an existing child support order.
Have you encountered problems after a divorce? I can assist you with contempt of court proceedings in California family court if your former partner has failed to live up to your agreement.Alameda County, California, Child Custody Lawyer
In addition to divorce cases, I also represent people in other family matters, such as:
- Paternity and related child support actions
- Premarital agreements
- Obtaining restraining orders and temporary orders of protection in situations involving domestic violence
My objective in all cases is to help my clients achieve their goals and avoid future problems using the most cost-effective and legally sound methods. To learn how an experienced Santa Clara County divorce lawyer can help you resolve your legal matter, contact my San Jose law office to schedule a consultation.
- The Do's and Don'ts in a Divorce Proceeding or in Contemplating Divorce
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Community Property Division
- Complex Marital Estates
- Contempt Issues
- Custody / Visitation Modification
- Division of Stock Options and Other Employment Benefits
- Divorce Taxation Issues
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Enforcement of Support Orders
- Establishing Separate Property
- High Net Worth Cases
- Management and Control of Assets
- Move Away Situations
- Parental Alienation
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Reimbursement Issues
- Retirement Assets
- Rights and Obligations Under the Sperm Donor Statutes
- Separate and Community Business Valuations
- Spousal Support
- Support Modifications
- Temporary Orders
- Treatment of Additional Sources of Income for Support